|Stripe overalls push-up pants with elastic belt and patch pocket|
Miss Leser changed the boxy shapeless overalls to a more fitted and stylish design. The coveralls that she designed was so that it could be worn during other activities like for instance gardening, painting, shopping and even sailing,
Here is the lowdown on how to be comfortable and still be fashionable in the workplace:
- Fitted Clothes. Not too baggy, nor tight. But just right.
- Choose clothes that emphasize a waist. Add a belt.
- Wear Fun, vibrant, bold colors.
- Fashionable pattern and designs. Stripe, plaid, twill.
- Comfortable breathable fabric. Cotton keeps body cool. Flannel is warm and soft. Merino Wool Socks keeps tootsie dry.
- Stylish Accessories. Newsboy cap. Straw basket instead of lunch box. Colorful scarf, gloves.
- Makeup, why not. And hand and body lotion keeps skin from chaffing.
Places where to buy stylish work clothes:
- Freddies of Pinewood: Grease Monkey, Dungaree Dolls, 1940 Work Pants, 1950's Indigo Button Jeans, Indigo Pleated Pants, Home Companion Dungarees,
- Duluth Trading Co: Striped Railroad Overalls.
|Front: Striped ticking and tan twill. Back: Plaid denim and blue denim.|
|Replace standard lunch boxes with a straw basket|
|Newsboy Cap keeps hair in place|
A little fun fashion with overalls by Bananarama from their 80's hit song Cruel Summer. Enjoy!
Source: Photos and research information taken by the April 1953 Life Magazine. Youtube video Cruel Summer by Bananarama.